Monday, August 08, 2011

Is it too early for this? Haunted House Halloween Card - Instructions




Here's how I made this card:


To create the background, I crumpled my card slightly then flattened it out again and then applied Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink by rubbing the ink pad over the card. I then spritzed with a bit of water and used my heat gun to dry it - this allows the orange color to spread out randomly. I then went over this with Black Soot Distress Ink in the same manner - applying the ink pad to the paper lightly and a bit randomly. I did make sure I got the edges of the card because that gives it a bit of a finished look.
I stamped the Haunted House onto glossy white card stock using Black Onyx VersaFine Ink then I colored it in using markers - I think I used the Marvy Matchables Brush tip markers. I then cut out the haunted house and traced around it adding about 1/8" onto glossy black cardstock, cut that out, and set it aside with the haunted house.
Next, I stamped my Moon Solid image onto some orange holographic sticker paper using Jet Black Staz-On ink and cut that out, then applied it to the card (making sure the card was thoroughly dry).
Finally, I stamped the Scary Dead Tree onto vellum and cut it out; I also tore a random piece of vellum to make the fog and then stamped my Tiny Bat stamp in several spots using the Jet Black Staz-On ink. I adhered that to the card so it slightly overlapped the moon.
Next, I adhered the black haunted house outline directly to the card, and then using black foam dimensional tape, mounted the haunted house on top of the black outline. Finally, using a tiny bit of the black foam dimensional tape, I mounted the Scary Dead Tree in front of the house-overlapping slightly to give the card some depth.
Viola! A Haunted House Halloween Card for you!



What do you think? comments are welcome :)



Dawn

1 comment:

Dianne said...

it's (almost)never too early for Halloween! especially since the leaves of my cottonwoods are already falling...lovely card.