Saturday, April 13, 2013

watercoloring

so I decided that I would dedicate 2013 to finding my artistic voice and/or style.
this means I wouldn't be going to art retreats or gatherings, and not signing up for any swaps or collaborative projects; I am honoring the ones I am already signed up for but told myself no more sign-ups for this year.

since I still have a full-time day job and am away from home for 12 hours each day, I have very limited "awake" hours after we get home.
I decided that all of my art friends would understand this decision and support it.

I was right. now the expectation is all on me.
I love to draw and tried out this wonderful Pentel Pocket brush pen for this owl sketch.
I don't like it as much as the previous owl drawing, but it's all in the name of science.

experimentation. that's the name of the game.
these are some new watercolors I bought with part of the bonus we got at work.


there are a few perks from "working for the man". they do come at a price.
but, then again, everything is temporary...

No comments: