Monday, November 23, 2009

Journaling retreat with the Gussies


I have been fortunate enough to have been invited to and enjoyed a journaling retreat with a group of ladies who call themselves the Gussies. They had thie first retreat in August, someplace on Mount Baker. This November we headed up to Guemes Island and spent 3 full days art journaling, making art, reading, taking walks down to the pebble-crusted beach, and EATING! Gwen organized the food and cooked us some awesome stew; Rose made the most incredible meatloaf I've had since my childhood; Celeste melted my resolve to stay on my diet with her Oatmeal Scotchies, and Catherine spoiled us with her french toast with fruit and syrup on top-holy smokes!
That's our little home for the weekend, above.


Kathe and Paula goofing around

Lovely pebble covered beach Paula, Celeste, Gwen and I walked down to


not a car on the road for long stretches...I think we saw a total of 2 cars during our walk down to the beach and back.



Here are my walking pals (l to r): Paula, Celeste, and Gwen


Lovely misty meadow

barely a cloud in the sky as the sun went down...



No comments: